If you’ve been reading superhero comics for awhile, then you know that Batman’s origin story has been told and retold countless times. Or exactly 913 times, if you have been counting. “915,” corrects superstar scribe Geoff Johns, whose prodigious bibliography includes memorable runs on The Flash, Green Lantern, and Justice League. On July 4, just a couple weeks ahead of The Dark Knight Rises, Johns will add another title to the list: Batman: Earth One, a graphic novel drawn by Gary Frank and yet one more retelling of the caped crusader’s beginnings. But it also happens to be a very good one, marked by a fresh, accessible, emotionally resonant take on the character. “I hope people bring that perception to the book,” says Johns of possible ‘not another Batman reboot’ fatigue, “because I think they’ll be even more surprised if they do.” READ FULL STORY »
Tag: Gary Frank (1-1 of 1)
Jul 2 2012 10:11 AM ET
- 'Divergent' First Look: See new EW cover
- Sam Taylor-Johnson to direct 'Fifty Shades'
- Danielle Bradbery deal with Big Machine
- 'Voice': Danielle Bradbery wins season 4
- Cher: Mentoring singers 'would be fun'
- Terence Stamp on playing Zod: EW Radio
- Kim, Kanye, and...what to name Baby 'K'?
- Andy Samberg: 'Comedy Bang! Bang!' clip