If trends come in cycles, maybe it’s time to bring Miranda Priestly, Andrea Sachs, and the “clackers” at Runway magazine out of the fashion closet. EW has learned exclusively that author Lauren Weisberger is working on Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns, a sequel to her debut novel The Devil Wears Prada. Simon & Schuster will be publishing the follow-up in April 2013 — 10 years after the release of the original. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Fashion book (1-3 of 3)
Brad Goreski sounds off on Rachel Zoe, his battle with addiction, and his new memoir 'Born to Be Brad'
Brad Goreski emerged as the quotable breakout star of Bravo’s The Rachel Zoe Project, in which he served as an assistant to the celebrity stylist. Since parting with Zoe on bad terms, Goreski has become a big name in fashion in his own right, and his own Bravo spinoff It’s a Brad, Brad World finished airing its first season. In his new book Born to Be Brad, Goreski imparts fashion advice while talking candidly about his childhood and battles with addiction, as well as his time working for Zoe and his rise to fame. Goreski dishes on the details below: READ FULL STORY
Are you more a Betty, a Peggy, or a Joanie? Mad Men costume designer Janie Bryant is hoping to help you answer that question with a new style book that will offer fashion advice to women on “how to tap into their inner ‘leading lady’” It’s all the best parts of being a gal in the Mad Men universe without all that pesky sexism.
The book, which the Emmy winner has written with fashion journalist Monica Corcoran, will delve deeply into vintage couture, including that of screen icons from Clara Bow to Brigitte Bardot. But it’s not all cloche hats and pleated sundresses. “It’s great because it’s not just saying you should look like a costume character,” says Karen Murgolo, who’s editing the as-yet untitled book for Grand Central. “It teaches you how to take elements from whatever decade you love and put it into your modern dress.” The book is due in bookstores this fall and I’m sure the ’60s will stay cool till then. My only fear is that if we keep going at this rate, it’ll only be 20 more years before leg-warmers and paint-spatter designs are the new classy retro-cool. [Shiver]
- Tina Fey and Amy Poehler: New EW cover
- 'Mockingjay': Robert Knepper cast as 'Antonius'
- SAG Award nominations: TV snubs/surprises
- SAG Award noms: Hints for Oscars?
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'A Mother's Work'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' shocker: Maggie Siff says...
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Burning Q's answered
- 'Victoria's Secret Fashion Show': Sizing it up
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season finale post-mortem: Burning questions answered
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show: Taylor Swift Wishes
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season finale recap: A Mother's Work
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Maggie Siff talks about tonight's shocker ending
- 'Sons of Anarchy' postmortem: Jimmy Smits on Nero's choices (and cardigans)