Some people think of everything, like the folks over at humanitarian group WaterisLife. They wrote a book on water quality, but went the extra mile and made the pages actual water filters that can be torn out and used to treat contaminated water. My first question was: what languages are they printing this in because chances are the people who need this speak only a local dialect. Sure enough they covered that: “Each page of the book is divided by perforation into two squares. The top half has information printed in English, while the bottom half is printed in a locally spoken language. The first run was printed in English and Swahili to be distributed in Kenya, but the goal is to expand printing for languages spoken in all 33 countries where WaterisLife operates.” [Slate] READ FULL STORY
Tag: environmental issues (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Survivor' recap: John Rocker gets rocked
- Fall TV poll: First canceled show of 2014?
- 'Stalker' series premiere: Giving us the creeps
- 9 best animated TV series drawn from comics
- 'How to Get Away with Murder': Odds each of 10 suspects is a killer
- 'AHS: Freak Show' unveils creepy, stop-motion title sequence
- 'Once Upon a Time' sneak peek: Storybrooke's on thin ice with Elsa
- 'Top Chef Duels'; 'Red Band Society': Wednesday TV recaps
- 'The Walking Dead' star Emily Kinney says there's 'definitely a connection' between Beth and Daryl 506
- 'Go Big or Go Home' 357
- 'Find Your Muse' 289
- The 'Simpsons'/'Family Guy' crossover is one of the most fascinatingly weird things to ever happen to television 325
- 'Saturday Night Live' premiere recap: This is the start of something new (and odd) 251
Top 5 Most Read
- Which new fall show will be canceled first?
- 'Once Upon a Time' sneak peek: Elsa puts Storybrooke on lockdown
- 'Vampire Diaries': Ian Somerhalder, Nina Dobrev talk Damon and Elena
- Ryan Murphy debuts creepy, stop-motion 'AHS: Freak Show' main titles
- 'How to Get Away with Murder': Who's really the murderer?