Empower, the fifth and final book in Jessica Shirvington’s Embrace series, hit shelves earlier this month. In the high-stakes conclusion, Violet Eden risks it all to save her friend Spence. Two years after walking away from her friends and commitment to the Academy, Violet has to step back into her old life — and face the fallout — to make sure Spence is returned safe and sound. Here, Shirvington answered a few of our burning questions about the series and teases her upcoming projects. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Embrace (1-3 of 3)
Endless, the fourth and penultimate book in Jessica Shirvington’s Embrace series, hits U.S. shelves Oct. 1. It’s a fun, action-packed series that hasn’t received a ton of attention, but it’s highly addictive and perfect for YA fans. (Hence my slight obsession.) Here, we’ve got the exclusive first look at the trailer: “I have been a huge fan of all of the trailers that have been produced in the U.S, but this one especially sends a shiver up my spine,” says Shirvington. “I think it captures so much of the feeling of the book—not an easy thing to do in under a minute!” Check out the video after the jump, and then read on for a chat with Shirvington about the book and the conclusion of her Embrace series. Warning: minor spoilers ahead! READ FULL STORY
If you’re looking for another addictive YA trilogy to add to your must-read list, may I suggest Embrace? The debut novel of author Jessica Shirvington hits shelves on March 6 and follows 17-year-old Violet Eden. Violet, a kickboxer who’s training for a marathon, discovers her trainer is a Grigori—part angel and part human—who hunts exiled angels. As you can imagine, this complicates their relationship. Watch the exclusive trailer for Embrace after the jump.
Latest Videos in Books
- Emmys 2014: Who will win...and who should
- 25 greatest TV spies ever
- 'St. Vincent' director's long road to Bill Murray: 'Can you meet me at LAX in an hour?'
- 'Saved By the Bell': Remembering when it was 'Bliss'
- MTV VMAs' most buzzed-about moments (non-performance division)
- 'Simpsons' writers share 15 tips to survive your 12-day marathon session
- 'Big Brother'; 'So You Think You Can Dance'; 'Top Chef Duels': TV recaps
- 'Suits' boss talks what's next for Louis and Co. after 'This Is Rome'
Top 5 Most Read
- Zen and the art of casting Bill Murray in your movie
- 'Simpsons' writers explain how to survive FXX's 552-episode marathon
- 'Suits' postmortem: Creator Aaron Korsh talks Louis' showdown
- Kurt Sutter reveals how many 'Sons of Anarchy' club members will die
- 'Big Brother' recap: Betrayed, Betrayed, Betrayed