Back in 1974, Chilean filmmaker Alejandro Jodorofsky began the ambitious project of translating sci-fi 1965 novel Dune to the big screen. Although Jodorofsky’s adaptation of the extraterrestrial story eventually fell apart because no Hollywood studio would finance the avant-garde, pricey film, the 1965 novel by American author Frank Herbert later inspired a book saga, a 1984 film, a three-part mini series in 2000, and even a comic book series.
Tag: Dune (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- 47 fall movies we can't wait to see
- Emmys 2014: Who will win...and who should
- 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'New Girl,' 'Once Upon a Time,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Selma' First Look: David Oyelowo as Martin Luther King
- Emmys: 20 who never won
- Zach on 'Big Brother' eviction: 'I couldn't keep my frootloop dingus mouth shut'
- 'Big Brother': 3 Q's for Julie Chen (plus one about the Ice Bucket Challenge)
- Benedict Cumberbatch embraces (clothing optional) Ice Bucket Challenges
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Dating Naked' cast member sues after VH1 showed her naked
- 'Spider-Woman #1' has a special variant cover that is causing some controversy for some reason
- 'Dating Naked' trailer: And you thought Tinder was brutal (NSFW)
- Former child star Jonathan Lipnicki is all grown up in 'You Used To Be Cute'
- 'Mythbusters' reveal Comic-Con costume, show how to make Indiana Jones' bullwhip