You know who’s cool? Maggie Shipstead, whose debut Seating Arrangements (EW grade: A–) won the Dylan Thomas Award for best novel by an author under 30. In the novel, two preppy families gather on a tony island off the New England coast for a wedding, which gets all that blue blood pumping when several members of the party have epic meltdowns, and the festivities become explosive — literally. Read on for insights on combustive cetaceans and the nomenclature and study of WASPs from one of the most promising breakout authors of 2012. READ FULL STORY »
Tag: Debut (1-2 of 2)
If you’re looking for another addictive YA trilogy to add to your must-read list, may I suggest Embrace? The debut novel of author Jessica Shirvington hits shelves on March 6 and follows 17-year-old Violet Eden. Violet, a kickboxer who’s training for a marathon, discovers her trainer is a Grigori—part angel and part human—who hunts exiled angels. As you can imagine, this complicates their relationship. Watch the exclusive trailer for Embrace after the jump.
- 'Arrested Development': We'll binge/recap
- Amanda Bynes: 'Don't believe any reports'
- 'Fast & Furious 6': Sung Kang says...
- Memorial Day TV marathons: What's on
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- TV season finales: EW grades
- 'Blue Is the Warmest Color': Cannes review
- 'Arrested Development': Funkes in town!