DC Comics is celebrating 75 years of the Dark Knight with a free comic book. On July 23, a.k.a. Batman Day, DC Comics will give away copies of Detective Comics issue 27. No, not the actual 1939 comic book that introduced readers to Batman, but a retelling of that original story by best-selling author Brad Meltzer and artwork by the always amazing Bryan Hitch in an all-new, special edition of the mega-size New52 issue, designed by Chip Kidd (Bat-Manga!), and I have to say it’s nice to see one of the original creators, artist Bill Finger, credited on the cover of a Batman comic. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Dark Knight (1-2 of 2)
If you’ve been reading superhero comics for awhile, then you know that Batman’s origin story has been told and retold countless times. Or exactly 913 times, if you have been counting. “915,” corrects superstar scribe Geoff Johns, whose prodigious bibliography includes memorable runs on The Flash, Green Lantern, and Justice League. On July 4, just a couple weeks ahead of The Dark Knight Rises, Johns will add another title to the list: Batman: Earth One, a graphic novel drawn by Gary Frank and yet one more retelling of the caped crusader’s beginnings. But it also happens to be a very good one, marked by a fresh, accessible, emotionally resonant take on the character. “I hope people bring that perception to the book,” says Johns of possible ‘not another Batman reboot’ fatigue, “because I think they’ll be even more surprised if they do.” READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Books
- C-3PO's 'Star Wars' past, present, and future: A deep-dive Q&A with Anthony Daniels
- 'Interstellar' poster puts Matthew McConaughey in a spacesuit to brave the unknown
- 'Scandal' role for Brian Benben
- Jessica Lange's 'AHS: Freak Show' role: 'delusional, narcissistic, ruthless in her ambition'
- 'Making a Scene with James Franco': 6 new photos from movie mash-up series
- Valerie Cherish's return promises to be 'like 'Comeback' crack' for fans
- Andrew Rannells talks 'Hedwig,' 'Book of Mormon,' 'Girls'
- 'Revenge' season 4 trailer: 'Emily Thorne, I'm coming for you'
- 'Utopia' ratings plummet 752
- Famed James Bond villain Richard Kiel dies at 74 538
- Discovery to strand Democrat and Republican senators on deserted island 481
- The glimmering crocodile tears of Princess Victoria, First of Her Name 475
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks 359
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- 'Breaking Bad,' 1 year later: Emmy-winning team tells 'Ozymandias' secrets
- 'Revenge' first look: Watch the trailer for season 4
- Ryan Murphy on 'AHS: Freak Show': 'This season, once you die, you're dead'
- 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies' Tapestry Revealed