When she’s not practicing law in Montreal, Catherine McKenzie is taking on the chick lit world. Already an International Bestseller, McKenzie’s first novel Spin was published in the United States earlier this year, and today Arranged hits shelves. (Her third book, Forgotten, is due this fall.) Arranged follows Anne Blythe, an up-and-comer author with a great newspaper job. Unfortunately, her love life is pretty much a disaster—and I’d expect no less in a chick lit novel. Anne enlists the help of a dating service, only to find out that it’s actually a company that specializes in exclusive arranged marriages. After Anne learns of the company’s 95 percent success rate, she decides to give the nontraditional process a chance. Here, McKenzie talks about Arranged, her sure-to-be-loved-by-chick-lit-fans second novel, and its interesting connection to The Bachelor franchise.
Tag: Catherine McKenzie (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- First canceled show of 2014? Why networks are slow to drop ax this year
- 'Walking Dead': How far will it have to go to keep shocking us?
- 'Gotham' costume designer on what clothes tell us about each character
- 'Scandal': Michael Trucco as Abby's ex
- Ariana Grande goes DIY for 'Bang Bang' rap verse in U.K.
- 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Dancing With the Stars'; 'The Voice'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; more TV recaps
- 'The Blacklist'; 'Originals'; 'Gotham'; 'Jane the Virgin'; more TV recaps
- 'Star Wars' First Look: Alex Ross' cover for Marvel comic book
Top 5 Most Read
- Disney announces 2016 release for animated feature 'Moana'
- Are we all numb to the atrocities of 'Walking Dead'?
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: A pecs-tacular shirtless week
- 'Gotham' costume secrets: Revealing details you may have missed
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' soundtrack to be released on cassette tapes