When she’s not practicing law in Montreal, Catherine McKenzie is taking on the chick lit world. Already an International Bestseller, McKenzie’s first novel Spin was published in the United States earlier this year, and today Arranged hits shelves. (Her third book, Forgotten, is due this fall.) Arranged follows Anne Blythe, an up-and-comer author with a great newspaper job. Unfortunately, her love life is pretty much a disaster—and I’d expect no less in a chick lit novel. Anne enlists the help of a dating service, only to find out that it’s actually a company that specializes in exclusive arranged marriages. After Anne learns of the company’s 95 percent success rate, she decides to give the nontraditional process a chance. Here, McKenzie talks about Arranged, her sure-to-be-loved-by-chick-lit-fans second novel, and its interesting connection to The Bachelor franchise.
Tag: Catherine McKenzie (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Simpsons' First Look: Homer meets Lego Homer!
- 'X-Men' trailer: Retro-Sentinels and...the Dude?!
- 'View': Seating chart for a peaceful co-host reunion
- Tribeca Film Fest: 13 must-see premieres
- 'Voice': Top 12 Power List
- Kiera Cass' 'The One': New trailer
- Best summer blockbusters: Ah-nold at No. 10
- 'Orphan Black': How Sarah became British
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Paul Walker's brothers joining production
- 'Game of Thrones': Joffrey wedding crowns new piracy record
- Tina Fey and Robert Carlock on '30 Rock' finale, and why they screened 'iCarly'
- 'Heroes Reborn: Digital Series' launching in conjunction with reboot
- 'Fargo' premiere: Martin Freeman talks THAT scene