When she’s not practicing law in Montreal, Catherine McKenzie is taking on the chick lit world. Already an International Bestseller, McKenzie’s first novel Spin was published in the United States earlier this year, and today Arranged hits shelves. (Her third book, Forgotten, is due this fall.) Arranged follows Anne Blythe, an up-and-comer author with a great newspaper job. Unfortunately, her love life is pretty much a disaster—and I’d expect no less in a chick lit novel. Anne enlists the help of a dating service, only to find out that it’s actually a company that specializes in exclusive arranged marriages. After Anne learns of the company’s 95 percent success rate, she decides to give the nontraditional process a chance. Here, McKenzie talks about Arranged, her sure-to-be-loved-by-chick-lit-fans second novel, and its interesting connection to The Bachelor franchise.
Tag: Catherine McKenzie (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Agents of SHIELD': 'The Only Light in the Darkness'
- Stephen Colbert visits 'Late Show': Watch a clip
- 'Fargo' recap: 'The Rooster Prince'
- 'Supernatural' spin-off: First trailer
- Neil Patrick Harris on B'way in 'Hedwig': EW review
- 'Mindy Project' recap: An officer and a gynecologist
- 'Voice' recap: And then there were 10
- 'Faking It' series premiere: MTV's faux lesbians
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Vin Diesel posts photo with Paul Walker's brothers
- Courteney Cox shuts down talk of 'Friends' reunion on 'Letterman' -- VIDEO