When she’s not practicing law in Montreal, Catherine McKenzie is taking on the chick lit world. Already an International Bestseller, McKenzie’s first novel Spin was published in the United States earlier this year, and today Arranged hits shelves. (Her third book, Forgotten, is due this fall.) Arranged follows Anne Blythe, an up-and-comer author with a great newspaper job. Unfortunately, her love life is pretty much a disaster—and I’d expect no less in a chick lit novel. Anne enlists the help of a dating service, only to find out that it’s actually a company that specializes in exclusive arranged marriages. After Anne learns of the company’s 95 percent success rate, she decides to give the nontraditional process a chance. Here, McKenzie talks about Arranged, her sure-to-be-loved-by-chick-lit-fans second novel, and its interesting connection to The Bachelor franchise.
Tag: Catherine McKenzie (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Summer of Butts: A cheeky look at 2014 season's most distinguishing feature
- 'Game of Thrones' visual effects reel: Filling in Westeros' blanks
- 'How to Train Your Dragon 2': Flying high globally, clipped wings in U.S.--so, was it a hit?
- 'Doctor Who': Sam Anderson on his 'Into the Dalek' debut
- 'Doctor Who' and the joys of sadness
- 'Walking Dead': Behind-the-scenes at the EW cover photo shoot
- Norman Reedus' personal 'Walking Dead' photo album
Top 5 Most Read
- Jon Stewart says Hugh Grant was worst 'Daily Show' guest ever; Grant agrees
- On the Books: Bruce Springsteen's publishing a book about a bank-robbing baby
- Entertainment Geekly: 'Doctor Who' is the saddest show on television
- Norman Reedus' Personal 'Walking Dead' Photo Album
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' exclusive: Watch the most twisted teaser yet!