When she’s not practicing law in Montreal, Catherine McKenzie is taking on the chick lit world. Already an International Bestseller, McKenzie’s first novel Spin was published in the United States earlier this year, and today Arranged hits shelves. (Her third book, Forgotten, is due this fall.) Arranged follows Anne Blythe, an up-and-comer author with a great newspaper job. Unfortunately, her love life is pretty much a disaster—and I’d expect no less in a chick lit novel. Anne enlists the help of a dating service, only to find out that it’s actually a company that specializes in exclusive arranged marriages. After Anne learns of the company’s 95 percent success rate, she decides to give the nontraditional process a chance. Here, McKenzie talks about Arranged, her sure-to-be-loved-by-chick-lit-fans second novel, and its interesting connection to The Bachelor franchise.
Tag: Catherine McKenzie (1-1 of 1)
May 15 2012 10:00 AM ET
- 'Star Trek' No. 1 on Friday: $22M
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- KROQ Weenie Roast concert: Watch live
- Kanye video projected onto 66 buildings
- Shonda Rhimes talks 'Grey's' finale
- 'Voice': Team Xtina or Team Shakira?
- 'Office' finale reaction: Yay or nay?
- 'Office' ratings surge for series finale