When she’s not practicing law in Montreal, Catherine McKenzie is taking on the chick lit world. Already an International Bestseller, McKenzie’s first novel Spin was published in the United States earlier this year, and today Arranged hits shelves. (Her third book, Forgotten, is due this fall.) Arranged follows Anne Blythe, an up-and-comer author with a great newspaper job. Unfortunately, her love life is pretty much a disaster—and I’d expect no less in a chick lit novel. Anne enlists the help of a dating service, only to find out that it’s actually a company that specializes in exclusive arranged marriages. After Anne learns of the company’s 95 percent success rate, she decides to give the nontraditional process a chance. Here, McKenzie talks about Arranged, her sure-to-be-loved-by-chick-lit-fans second novel, and its interesting connection to The Bachelor franchise.
Tag: Catherine McKenzie (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- Allison Williams as Peter Pan: Why we're rooting for her
- Katy Perry: Queen of the pop-art charts in 'This Is How We Do'
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' review: Idiots delight
- Robert Kirkman: I know fates of 'Walking Dead' characters
- 'Dog Day Afternoon': Meet man who lived it in new documentary
- 'Into the Woods' teaser: No one sings, everyone wishes
- E.T. phone 911: See trailer for alien horror film 'Extraterrestrial'
- 'Doctor Who': Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman EW portraits