Haruki Murakami’s new novel, Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage, will be published in the U.S. on August 12th. The book has been out in Japan since last April and sold more than a million copies in its first week. The Guardian writes that the story “hinges around Tsukuru Tazaki, an isolated 36-year-old man struggling to overcome the trauma of rejection by his high-school friends years earlier. Like its title, the novel’s opening line might not sound like obvious best-seller material: ‘From July of his sophomore year at college to January next year, Tsukuru Tazaki was living while mostly thinking about dying.’”
Tag: Bill Bryson (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Game of Thrones' recap: 'Breaker of Chains'
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: 'Bleeding Through'
- 'Game of Thrones': Aidan Gillen says...
- 'Dick Van Dyke Show' finale: 'we were doing a classic'
- 'The Cripple of Inishmaan': EW stage review
- 'Captain America 2' back at No. 1, hits $200M total
- 'Salem' series premiere: Our take...and yours?
- 'Turn' react: 'Of Cabbage and Kings'
Top 5 Most Read
- New 'Godzilla' trailer: See the monster roar -- VIDEO
- Neil Patrick Harris yells at fan during 'Hedwig' performance
- 'Orphan Black': The creators discuss the shocking return of [SPOILER]
- Box office report: 'Captain America' crosses $200 million in its third week
- Fox executive fired over Flight 370 charity email