Haruki Murakami’s new novel, Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage, will be published in the U.S. on August 12th. The book has been out in Japan since last April and sold more than a million copies in its first week. The Guardian writes that the story “hinges around Tsukuru Tazaki, an isolated 36-year-old man struggling to overcome the trauma of rejection by his high-school friends years earlier. Like its title, the novel’s opening line might not sound like obvious best-seller material: ‘From July of his sophomore year at college to January next year, Tsukuru Tazaki was living while mostly thinking about dying.’”
Tag: Bill Bryson (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- Lena Dunham on 'SNL': It's 'Girls' night in
- 'True Detective': Fun fan sites
- Oscars: What it's like to go with Jennifer Lawrence
- 'Bachelor': Clare and Juan Pablo find wedding song?
- 'Supernatural' spinoff gets new title
- 'Reign': What did 'uncensored' sex scenes add?
- Stephen Colbert visits Jimmy Fallon: 'Truth or Truth?'
- 'Vampire Diaries': A salute to Katherine
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Reign': Are the uncensored sex scenes all that different?
- Second time around: TV stars who reprised iconic roles
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- Jennifer Lawrence's best friend wrote a behind-the-scenes account of Oscars night
- Dr. Burke returns to 'Grey's Anatomy': What will happen?