The Sochi Olympics are underway, so we thought it’d be perfect timing to chat with author Lauren Morrill about her contemporary YA novel Being Sloane Jacobs (out now). The book follows figure skater Sloane Emily Jacobs and hockey player Sloane Devon Jacobs. After a chance meeting, the girls decide to switch places for the summer: Sloane Emily tries to fit in at hockey camp, and Sloane Devon trades in her aggressive hip checks for sequins and axels. Think The Cutting Edge meets The Parent Trap. Morrill didn’t plan the Olympic tie in, ”I think it was a happy accident,” she told us, but it’s quite fitting that her witty novel about two badass female athletes is available now. Read on for our chat with Morrill who has her own interesting sports background. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Being Sloane Jacobs (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Mindy,' 'New Girl,' 'Brooklyn,' 'Following' renewed
- 'Vampire Diaries': A salute to Katherine
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 5 ideas for Dr. Burke
- 'Reign': What did 'uncensored' sex scenes add?
- 27 DreamWorks animated movies: We rank 'em
- 'Bones' vs. 'something very vague and conspiratorial'
- SXSW 2014: 11 must-see movies
- Robert Rodriguez rewrites TV 'rules' with El Rey