The Women’s Prize for Fiction — formerly the Orange Prize before the telephone corporation withdrew its funding — has announced its 20 contenders out of 140 submissions. The wide-ranging longlist of female authors includes literary heavyweights like Zadie Smith and Barbara Kingsolver as well as newcomers Shani Boianjiu and Francesca Segal. It includes Bring Up the Bodies by Hilary Mantel, which EW named the best novel of 2012, as well as Sheila Heti’s How Should a Person Be?, which EW named one of the worst. See the full list below: READ FULL STORY
Tag: Barbara Kingsolver (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- Wrestlers in movies: Best/worst performances
- Comic-Con '14: 20 bonus star portraits
- 'Supernatural,' 'Teen Wolf,' 'Mindy,' more fresh TV spoilers
- When A$AP Rocky went to NSFW Kathy's house...
- Meghan Trainor: Meet pop phenom who's 'All About That Bass'
- 'Bachelor In Paradise': Clare Crawley moves on from Juan Pablo
- 'Outlander': Expect a sexy, smart, stirring romance
- 'Once Upon a Time': Let's guess what's up in first 'Frozen' photos
- STAHP in the name of love 976
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams and other directors are working to save movie film 530
- DON'T PUBLISH See FIVE minutes of the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover episode -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO 596
- Enough, already: Why I'm quitting 'The Leftovers' 462
- Box office report: 'Lucy' slays 'Hercules' with $44 million debut 285
Top 5 Most Read
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams, and other directors are trying to save Kodak
- Box office preview: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' aims for a cosmic debut
- Comic-Con '14 Star Portraits: Day 3
- Chris Pratt talks end of 'Parks and Recreation': 'I think people are ready for it to be done'
- Comic-Con '14: 20 Bonus Star Portraits