The Women’s Prize for Fiction — formerly the Orange Prize before the telephone corporation withdrew its funding — has announced its 20 contenders out of 140 submissions. The wide-ranging longlist of female authors includes literary heavyweights like Zadie Smith and Barbara Kingsolver as well as newcomers Shani Boianjiu and Francesca Segal. It includes Bring Up the Bodies by Hilary Mantel, which EW named the best novel of 2012, as well as Sheila Heti’s How Should a Person Be?, which EW named one of the worst. See the full list below: READ FULL STORY
Tag: Barbara Kingsolver (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- Meg Ryan joins 'How I Met Your Dad' as narrator
- Wu-Tang: RZA on Raekwon's 'strike'
- William Hurt exits 'Midnight Rider'
- 'Jurassic World' First Look: 3 new photos
- 'Parks and Rec' finale: Watch the opening scene
- 'Reign': Watch Bash's first sex scene
- Phox's 'Slow Motion': Neo-soul breakouts' new video
- Moon Taxi whisks us to 'Morocco' in new video
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show' 624
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 490
- Slaves to Love 460
- The Man Who Could Not Stand Still 507
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 381
Top 5 Most Read
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- HBO makes huge Amazon Prime deal: See which shows are going online
- Courteney Cox shuts down talk of 'Friends' reunion on 'Letterman' -- VIDEO