I love it when my pop culture and YA worlds collide. So it’s really no surprise that I gobbled up Ava Dellaira’s debut novel, Love Letters to the Dead (out now). In Love Letters, the main character, Laurel, is given an assignment in English class: Write a letter to a dead person. She chooses Kurt Cobain because her sister, May, loved him. May died young, just like Kurt did. But what starts as a simple assignment turns into a notebook full of letters to people such as Janis Joplin, Amy Winehouse, Heath Ledger, Amelia Earhart, and more. Laurel’s letters help her process her feelings and grief surrounding May’s death. This book is a sweet, poignant debut that you won’t want to miss. Here, Dellaira talks about the inspiration for the book and her connection to fellow author Stephen Chbosky. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Ava Dellaira (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- 47 fall movies we can't wait to see
- Emmys 2014: Who will win...and who should
- 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'New Girl,' 'Once Upon a Time,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Damon Lindelof talks series endings and more in 'Showrunners'
- 'Big Brother': 3 Q's for Julie Chen (plus one about the Ice Bucket Challenge)
- 'Mythbusters' minus three: Tory Belleci, Kari Byron, Grant Imahara tweet goodbyes
- Zach on 'Big Brother' eviction: 'I couldn't keep my frootloop dingus mouth shut'
- 'Daredevil': 3 stories that set the bar high for superhero comic books
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Dating Naked' cast member sues after VH1 showed her naked
- 'Spider-Woman #1' has a special variant cover that is causing some controversy for some reason
- 'Dating Naked' trailer: And you thought Tinder was brutal (NSFW)
- 'Mythbusters' reveal Comic-Con costume, show how to make Indiana Jones' bullwhip
- Former child star Jonathan Lipnicki is all grown up in 'You Used To Be Cute'