I love it when my pop culture and YA worlds collide. So it’s really no surprise that I gobbled up Ava Dellaira’s debut novel, Love Letters to the Dead (out now). In Love Letters, the main character, Laurel, is given an assignment in English class: Write a letter to a dead person. She chooses Kurt Cobain because her sister, May, loved him. May died young, just like Kurt did. But what starts as a simple assignment turns into a notebook full of letters to people such as Janis Joplin, Amy Winehouse, Heath Ledger, Amelia Earhart, and more. Laurel’s letters help her process her feelings and grief surrounding May’s death. This book is a sweet, poignant debut that you won’t want to miss. Here, Dellaira talks about the inspiration for the book and her connection to fellow author Stephen Chbosky. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Ava Dellaira (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- Peter Capaldi, that's 'Who': See the new EW cover
- Allison Williams to play Peter Pan in NBC's live musical
- 'Batman v Superman' Comic-Con preview: Don't look for it online
- 'Walking Dead' cast not tight-lipped about season 5 trailer
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits
- 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover: Watch 5 minutes
- 'New Girl' True American drinking game: The day I gave it a shot...
- 'Pretty Little Liars' recap: 'Scream for Me'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Walking Dead' cast and producers promise that 'every single thing in the first episode is a spoiler'
- What does an episode of 'Friends' look like without any jokes?
- TV Land orders Jim Gaffigan's CBS sitcom pilot to series
- PopWatch Confessional: I tried to play 'New Girl's fake drinking game
- Paramount deletes tweet of Australian 'TMNT' poster amid 9/11 controversy