Looking for dark and eerie read to cap off the end of the summer season? Look no further than April Genevieve Tucholke’s YA debut, Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea (out today). From the official description: “Nothing much exciting rolls through Violet White’s sleepy, seaside town…until River West comes along. River rents the guest house behind Violet’s crumbling estate, and as eerie, grim things start to happen, Violet begins to wonder about the boy living in her backyard. Is River just a crooked-smiling liar with pretty eyes and a mysterious past? Or could he be something more? Violet’s grandmother always warned her about the Devil, but she never said he could be a dark-haired boy who takes naps in the sun, who likes coffee, who kisses you in a cemetery…who makes you want to kiss back. Violet’s already so knee-deep in love, she can’t see straight. And that’s just how River likes it.” Here, Tucholke talks the inspiration for her debut, and teases what’s to come in the second and final book of the series.
Tag: April Genevieve Tucholke (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- Seth Meyers to host Emmys 2014
- 'Parks and Rec': About THAT finale surprise
- 'American Idol' recap: Top 5 are...
- 'Vampire Diaries' recap: 'Man on Fire'
- 'Begin Again': Keira Knightley song for Adam Levine
- 'Salem': Marilyn Manson haunts new opening credits
- 'Jurassic World' First Look: 3 new photos
- 'Agents of SHIELD': 'Nothing Personal' poster art
Top 5 Most Read
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' movie rights acquired by Universal and Focus Features
- Fifth purported Mel Gibson rant leaked online
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' mention spikes sales of 16th-century classical composer