Looking for dark and eerie read to cap off the end of the summer season? Look no further than April Genevieve Tucholke’s YA debut, Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea (out today). From the official description: “Nothing much exciting rolls through Violet White’s sleepy, seaside town…until River West comes along. River rents the guest house behind Violet’s crumbling estate, and as eerie, grim things start to happen, Violet begins to wonder about the boy living in her backyard. Is River just a crooked-smiling liar with pretty eyes and a mysterious past? Or could he be something more? Violet’s grandmother always warned her about the Devil, but she never said he could be a dark-haired boy who takes naps in the sun, who likes coffee, who kisses you in a cemetery…who makes you want to kiss back. Violet’s already so knee-deep in love, she can’t see straight. And that’s just how River likes it.” Here, Tucholke talks the inspiration for her debut, and teases what’s to come in the second and final book of the series.
Tag: April Genevieve Tucholke (1-1 of 1)
- Nelson Mandela: 5 movie touchstones
- 'Sound of Music' live blog: It's on!
- 'Frozen' to ice out Katniss at box office?
- Nelson Mandela: Actors who played him
- McKayla Maroney on 'Bones': She's impressed!
- 'Sound of Music': We rank every song
- Paul Walker: End of the 'F&F' fantasy?
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' coming in 2016
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Sound of Music Live!': Take a peek at dress rehearsal -- PHOTOS
- Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman: 13 thoughts on the bombshell-casting bombshell
- 'Glee': Watch Rachel, Kurt, and Santana sing with a hot shirtless Santa --…
- 'The Sound of Music': Carrie Underwood on tonight's live show and hate tweets from Julie Andrews fans
- 'Survivor' recap: Hayden's rustling feathers