Looking for dark and eerie read to cap off the end of the summer season? Look no further than April Genevieve Tucholke’s YA debut, Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea (out today). From the official description: “Nothing much exciting rolls through Violet White’s sleepy, seaside town…until River West comes along. River rents the guest house behind Violet’s crumbling estate, and as eerie, grim things start to happen, Violet begins to wonder about the boy living in her backyard. Is River just a crooked-smiling liar with pretty eyes and a mysterious past? Or could he be something more? Violet’s grandmother always warned her about the Devil, but she never said he could be a dark-haired boy who takes naps in the sun, who likes coffee, who kisses you in a cemetery…who makes you want to kiss back. Violet’s already so knee-deep in love, she can’t see straight. And that’s just how River likes it.” Here, Tucholke talks the inspiration for her debut, and teases what’s to come in the second and final book of the series.
Tag: April Genevieve Tucholke (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Doctor Who': Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman EW portraits
- Jenny Slate booked for 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' season premiere
- 'Interstellar': Comic-Con trailer lands online
- 'Divergent' disturbing deleted scene: Get an eyeful
- Daniel Radcliffe: How Spider-Man let him be a fly on the wall in S.D.
- 'Peter Pan': Let's make it a full-on 'Girls' night out
- 'Walking Dead': Andrew Lincoln on Rick juggling brutality/humanity
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Walking Dead' cast and producers promise that 'every single thing in the first episode is a spoiler'
- Allison Williams to play Peter Pan in NBC's 'Peter Pan Live'
- TV Land orders Jim Gaffigan's CBS sitcom pilot to series
- What does an episode of 'Friends' look like without any jokes?
- Paramount deletes tweet of Australian 'TMNT' poster amid 9/11 controversy