Looking for dark and eerie read to cap off the end of the summer season? Look no further than April Genevieve Tucholke’s YA debut, Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea (out today). From the official description: “Nothing much exciting rolls through Violet White’s sleepy, seaside town…until River West comes along. River rents the guest house behind Violet’s crumbling estate, and as eerie, grim things start to happen, Violet begins to wonder about the boy living in her backyard. Is River just a crooked-smiling liar with pretty eyes and a mysterious past? Or could he be something more? Violet’s grandmother always warned her about the Devil, but she never said he could be a dark-haired boy who takes naps in the sun, who likes coffee, who kisses you in a cemetery…who makes you want to kiss back. Violet’s already so knee-deep in love, she can’t see straight. And that’s just how River likes it.” Here, Tucholke talks the inspiration for her debut, and teases what’s to come in the second and final book of the series.
Tag: April Genevieve Tucholke (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- Turkeys! 50 remarkable pop-culture flops
- 'Red Band Society' production halted after 13 episodes
- 'Survivor'; 'Red Band Society'; 'Kingdom'; more TV recaps
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst (plus a tease and deleted scene)
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': New photos introduce us to Christian's mom, dad, and sister
- 'Making of Peter Pan Live': 5 things we learned
- 'Arrow' preview: Laurel dresses the part of Black Canary, but 'a mask does not a hero make'
- 'Voice' winner Josh Kaufman on his acrobatic Broadway debut in 'Pippin'