World After—the sequel to Susan Ee’s best-selling YA debut, Angelfall—hits shelves Nov. 19. But we’re celebrating a little early with the exclusive cover reveal and a chapter excerpt from the second book in the Penryn and the End of Days series. “Writing this book has been my obsession for the past couple of years,” Ee told EW. “It’s such a pleasure to finally be able to invite readers back into Penryn’s adventure!” READ FULL STORY
Tag: Angelfall (1-2 of 2)
'Angelfall' author Susan Ee discusses her hugely popular debut and her appreciation of good eye candy
If you love a kick-ass heroine, a little romance, and a good apocalypse (let’s be honest — who doesn’t?), then Susan Ee’s Angelfall is the book for you. Don’t believe me? Check out the reviews on Goodreads. Or Amazon. Or Barnes & Noble. When was the last time you saw that many happy readers? Seriously, don’t let this one slip by.
In Ee’s (pronounced “E” like the letter) debut novel, the world as we know it has been destroyed by angels. Gangs roam the streets and food is scarce. Seventeen-year-old Penryn is just trying to keep her family together, but when angels fly away with her little sister Paige, Penryn is forced to pair up with the injured angel Raffe to rescue her. Together, Penryn and Raffe will risk everything to journey to the heart of the angels’ stronghold in San Francisco. Ee gave EW a call to talk about Angelfall, her legions of dedicated readers, and good eye candy. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Books
- Jim Carrey hosts 'SNL': Tell us how the show looks to you as it airs
- 'Doctor Who'; 'Amazing Race'; 'Constantine'; more TV recaps
- Kids and coots: Movies' unlikeliest buddies?
- Bill Murray: 11 personas he's perfected
- 37 'sexy' Halloween costumes?
- 'Blacklist' cues up Cloud Cult, more of the week's best music on TV
- Regina Spektor's 'Love Me or Leave Me' from 'Boardwalk Empire': Hear it
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending