Amanda Hocking first made her mark in the YA world by self-publishing the popular Trylle Trilogy. The novels were so successful, she garnered a publishing deal with St. Martins. Now, Hocking is back with a new series called The Kanin Chronicles set in the world of the Trylle. The first book, Frostfire, hits shelves Jan. 6, and EW has an exclusive first look at the cover (click above for the full-size image). READ FULL STORY
Tag: Amanda Hocking (1-2 of 2)
Amanda Hocking first garnered attention in the book world when her self-published Trylle Trilogy became an e-book hit, selling millions of copies. Hoping to mirror that success—this time with a traditional book deal—Hocking will release the Watersong series. The first book, Wake (out Aug. 7), follows Gemma Fisher and her older sister, Harper, and tells the story of (minor spoiler alert!) three modern-day sirens.
After one night of partying with town newcomers Penn, Thea, and Lexi, Gemma wakes up groggy on the beach the next morning unable to explain the change that has overcome her. One thing Gemma does know is that she has new powers that she can’t control. Gemma sets out to understand the truth about what happened to her that night, and in the process she dives deeper into the mysterious world of Penn, Thea, and Lexi.
Here, we can exclusively debut the trailer for Wake. And after that, read our interview with Hocking as she talks about her start in self-publishing and the upcoming Watersong series.
Latest Videos in Books
- Disney animated films: Best/worst
- 'The Bridge' canceled by FX
- 'Flash,' 'Jane the Virgin' get full season pickups from the CW
- First canceled show of 2014? Why networks are slow to drop ax this year
- 'Walking Dead': How far will it have to go to keep shocking us?
- Halloween countdown/poll: 5 best zombie movies
- 'Marry Me' sneak peek: Watch Ken Marino 'eye cuddle' with Casey Wilson
- 'Blacklist'; 'DWTS'; 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; 'Originals'; 'Voice'; 'Gotham'; more recaps