Alex London made waves earlier this year with Proxy, a futuristic thriller about kids who pay off their debt by serving the criminal sentences for wealthy children. Think a modern-day Whipping Boy. The sequel, Guardian, picks up where Proxy left off. “Syd has taken down the corrupt system of and left the world in various states of ruin. In the new world, Syd is the figurehead of the revolution and his bodyguard, Liam, will stop at nothing to save him. When people begin falling ill with a mysterious virus, Syd must travel back to his abandoned home to reverse the revolution he began.” Guardian doesn’t hit shelves until May 29, but we’ve got an exclusive look at the first three chapters today. Check it out after the jump. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Alex London (1-2 of 2)
Looking for an awesome YA summer read? Look no further than Alex London’s Proxy. In London’s futuristic novel (out now) kids born into poverty (a.k.a. Proxies) pay off their debt by serving the criminal sentences for wealthy children (a.k.a. Patrons). Enter Sydney Carton, a Proxy who, after a series of strange events, meets his Patron, Knox. Here, London talks about the interesting concept for Proxy, shares the literary inspiration behind his character’s names, and explains why his main character happens to be gay. Check it out after the jump. READ FULL STORY
- Golden Globes nominations are in
- 'American Horror Story: Coven' recap: 'Head'
- 'Survivor' recap: Drawing a line in the sand
- Ryan Murphy talks 'AHS: Coven': Is (SPOILER) dead?
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst
- 'Nashville' recap: 'Tomorrow Never Comes'
- 'Arrow' execs talk big midseason finale twists
- 'Arrow' react: 'Three Ghosts'
Top 5 Most Read
- Beastie Boys sue GoldieBlox for copyright infringement over 'Girls' video
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season finale post-mortem: Burning questions answered
- 'Britney Jean' nets Britney Spears her worst opening week ever; Garth Brooks and Duck Dynasty carry on
- 'Survivor' recap: Drawing a Line in the Sand
- 'Arrow' mid-season finale post-mortem: Scoop on all those surprises!