The newest addition to Agatha Christie’s Hercule Poirot novels has been announced. Sophie Hannah has written The Monogram Murders, which will be released on September 9th. Hannah says that she had the idea for the plot for years, but it wasn’t until she was offered the chance to author a Hercule Poirot novel that she found the perfect setting. See the her talk about the book in the video below:
Tag: Agatha Christie (1-2 of 2)
It’s been 38 long years since eccentric detective Hercule Poirot last starred in his very own page-turner — and 37 years since Poirot’s storied creator, Agatha Christie, died
under mysterious circumstances of natural causes. But that won’t stop HarperCollins imprint William Morrow from publishing a brand-new Poirot next fall — one that “will feature Hercule Poirot in a diabolically clever murder mystery sure to baffle and delight Christie’s fans, and those who have never read her work,” in the words of a press release.
Best-selling British author Sophie Hannah (The Carrier; Kind of Cruel) has stepped into Christie’s formidable shoes to pen the upcoming novel, which has been fully authorized by the Christie estate. “It is almost impossible to put into words how honored I am to have been entrusted with this amazing project — in fact, I still can’t quite believe that this is really happening! I hope to create a puzzle that will confound and frustrate the incomparable Hercule Poirot for at least a good few chapters,” she said in a statement.
The novel will be published worldwide in September 2014. In the meantime, let’s speculate about what to expect — and wonder whatever happened to Disney’s proposed Miss Marple movie, starring Jennifer Garner.
Latest Videos in Books
- Caleb talks 'Big Brother': I'd have taken Derrick to final and 'I would have won'
- 'Disney Infinity 2.0': Marvel at the expanded possibilities now in play
- Oscar buzz: Sizing up the contenders after Toronto
- 'Gotham' up, 'Selfie' down? Insiders predict fall TV rookie prospects
- Ernie Hudson tells us 'Ghostbusters' stories at key NYC locations
- 'Key and Peele' see alien invaders' true colors in season 4 sneak peek
- 'Grey's' is the new 'Orange': Ellen Pompeo and Co. share fun photo
- Danai Gurira talks 'Walking Dead': 'The Michonne wig transforms me'