Is making a cookbook inspired by a story about a serious lack of food a bit of a stretch? Probably, but The Unofficial Hunger Games Cookbook is a fun if not quite practical treat for a ravenous fan of the novels. While many of the recipes allow you to replicate the rich, sumptuous dishes from Capitol banquet scenes (“Super Sweet Potato Rolls”), others require ingredients you’d have to kill in the woods with your own bow and arrow. Any dish that evokes Peeta’s near-magical baking skills sounds promising (“Peeta’s Cinnamon Bakery Bread”), but most of the concoctions inspired by food from the Districts (“District 4’s Seaweed Bread”) or gamey survivalist meals you’d have to make do with in the Arena (“Wild Squirrel & Sausage Gumbo” and “Wild Raccoon Sautéed in Bacon Drippings”) are only for the brave. READ FULL STORY
Category: Cookbooks (1-4 of 4)
Even though their forthcoming book Cupcakes, Cookies, & Pie, Oh, My! extends their special creative style to all types of desserts, Karen Tack and Alan Richardson still refer to their practice as the catch-all “cupcaking.”
“We just decided to take the whole decorative approach and put it on everything,” Richardson said during a hands-on demo in New York City on Thursday.
The new book — third in the 20-year-strong duo’s sweet-tooth series that includes the bestselling Hello, Cupcake and What’s New, Cupcake? — won’t hit shelves until January, but many of the new creations were on display Thursday. Richardson seemed particularly excited about READ FULL STORY
Want to take a trip to Kellyland, where Gummy Bears grow on vines and satchels are made of gold? Kelly Bensimon, 43, invites you to “spend seven days” with her and a team of experts in a new book tentatively titled I Want to Make You Hot. The book will include more than 40 recipes and tips on healthy, fun-filled living. Not just an exercise, diet, and fashion guide, the book will hopefully “inspire readers to develop a positive self-image,” Bensimon said in a press release. Hot is currently scheduled for a 2012 release from St. Martin’s Press—did you know that it will be her fourth book?
Are you ready to see the world through rose-colored glasses with Kelly, or is she just following in the footsteps of former Real Housewives of New York costar and archenemy Bethenny Frankel? Say what you will about the woman’s verbal skills, those legs are amazing!
By now, we’re all pretty used to Gwyneth Paltrow’s knack for inspiring both envy and eye rolls with her lifestyle newsletter GOOP (which might as well be subtitled “Dispatches from a life better than yours.”). But the Oscar-winning actress and sometimes singer has officially one-upped herself in her new cookbook, My Father’s Daughter (in stores now), which contains — alongside some truly great-looking recipes — a dedication page that may just be the most A-list in the history of publishing. Ever the polite hostess, Paltrow doesn’t up and out her pals; she only references them by last name. And a rep for Paltrow declined to identify any of the parties mentioned in the book. But with our extensive knowledge of all things Gwyneth, we’ve come up with a pretty starry list of suspects — Beyoncé? Robert Downey Jr.? Christy Turlington? — for the people Paltrow calls her “closest friends, our family really.” Check out the full dedication and our educated guesses after the jump!
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Empire Strikes Back' live-read photos, including Mark Hamill as the Emperor
- Madonna releases six tracks from 2015 'Rebel Heart' album
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes
- 'Hannibal': Michael Pitt out, Joe Anderson in
- 'Amazing Race' season finale recap: And the winners are...
- Hallmark's holiday TV movies: Inside the concepts, casting, and scheduling
- Kevin Hart as Will Ferrell's prison-life coach in 'Get Hard' trailer
- Jeff Probst on the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see
Top 5 Most Read
- Michael Pitt exits 'Hannibal,' Joe Anderson to replace him
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes -- exclusive
- Mark Hamill as The Emperor! Rainn Wilson is Chewbacca! Photos from the Live-Read of 'The Empire Strikes Back'
- Kevin Hart teaches Will Ferrell to survive prison in 'Get Hard' trailer
- Jeff Probst reveals the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see...and it's the best thing ever