John Knowles, A Separate Peace: “The legs of two boys coming in from the top foreshadow the fall(s) and keeps the boys apart from everything else. It’s also a trick to have a photo that reads as young men but doesn’t put a picture/face in your head as a reader for any of the characters. The shield shape with clouds also suggests this kind of dramatic space of our school-year childhood where we are separate in our own little worlds.”
Young adult at heart: literary classics imagined as YA books
Latest Videos in Books
- 'SNL' with Cameron Diaz, Bruno Mars, and Mark Ronson is on: Talk about it
- Tyler James Williams' 'Walking Dead' preview: 'We're going back to get the squad'
- 'Hobbit' First Look: Billy Boyd music video for the 'Last Goodbye' closing theme
- Stephen Merchant answers burning Q's about 'Hello Ladies: The Movie' (including THAT cameo)
- 20 platonic movie/TV power couples
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': 7 biggest changes from page to screen
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': A movie, or just an extended prologue for the movie yet to come?
- 'Mockingjay': Hear Jennifer Lawrence sing 'The Hanging Tree'
Top 5 Most Read
- See the exclusive music video for 'The Hobbit's 'Last Goodbye,' with Billy Boyd and goosebumps aplenty
- Natalie Dormer advocates for more male nudity on 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Mockingjay -- Part 1': The 7 biggest changes from page to screen
- Cher cancels rest of 'Dressed to Kill' tour dates due to infection
- Tina Fey's NBC comedy moving to Netflix