John Knowles, A Separate Peace: “The legs of two boys coming in from the top foreshadow the fall(s) and keeps the boys apart from everything else. It’s also a trick to have a photo that reads as young men but doesn’t put a picture/face in your head as a reader for any of the characters. The shield shape with clouds also suggests this kind of dramatic space of our school-year childhood where we are separate in our own little worlds.”
Young adult at heart: literary classics imagined as YA books
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Star Wars Rebels' First Look: Inquisitor in action
- 'Interstellar' brings Christopher Nolan to Comic-Con
- 'Leprechaun: Origins': First Look at troublemaker
- 'Hannibal' yuks it up: Season 2 blooper reel
- Misha Collins' Scavenger Hunt: No record is safe?
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here
- 'Fifty Shades' trailer: Let's take a closer look
- 'Reign' cast: Can you ID the 'stealth nerd'?
Top 5 Most Read
- Here's how 'Supernatural' star Misha Collins is breaking world records
- 'Hannibal' new blooper reel plus season 3 scoop
- 'Downton Abbey' looks to bounce back from season 4 (Updated)
- The 'Fifty Shades of Grey' trailer has arrived
- Christopher Nolan and Matthew McConaughey make Comic-Con debut with 'Interstellar'