John Knowles, A Separate Peace: “The legs of two boys coming in from the top foreshadow the fall(s) and keeps the boys apart from everything else. It’s also a trick to have a photo that reads as young men but doesn’t put a picture/face in your head as a reader for any of the characters. The shield shape with clouds also suggests this kind of dramatic space of our school-year childhood where we are separate in our own little worlds.”
Young adult at heart: literary classics imagined as YA books
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Manhattan Love Story' is first fall show to be canceled
- 'Constantine' series premiere; 'Amazing Race'; more TV recaps
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
- Benedict Cumberbatch tries to walk like Beyonce; let the memes begin...
- ’Supernatural,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Newsroom,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Once Upon a Time': Lana Parrilla and Jennifer Morrison preview SwanQueen episode
- Brad Pitt talks 'Fury' (or is that 'Furry'?) on 'Between Two Ferns'