John Knowles, A Separate Peace: “The legs of two boys coming in from the top foreshadow the fall(s) and keeps the boys apart from everything else. It’s also a trick to have a photo that reads as young men but doesn’t put a picture/face in your head as a reader for any of the characters. The shield shape with clouds also suggests this kind of dramatic space of our school-year childhood where we are separate in our own little worlds.”
Young adult at heart: literary classics imagined as YA books
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Bachelorette': Right choice for Andi?
- 'Hobbit' Comic-Con panel video: 5 gems
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 3
- 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover: Watch 5 minutes
- Lea Michele to guest on 'Sons of Anarchy'
- 'Bottles' of the good stuff: 5 episodes to pore over
- 'Sin City 2' red-band trailer: 'This rotten town...'
- Comic-Con '14: Eye on day 3 panels