John Knowles, A Separate Peace: “The legs of two boys coming in from the top foreshadow the fall(s) and keeps the boys apart from everything else. It’s also a trick to have a photo that reads as young men but doesn’t put a picture/face in your head as a reader for any of the characters. The shield shape with clouds also suggests this kind of dramatic space of our school-year childhood where we are separate in our own little worlds.”
Young adult at heart: literary classics imagined as YA books
Latest Videos in Books
- Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson to talk on ABC tonight
- 'Jurassic World': Watch first full trailer
- Jennifer Aniston vs. Lisa Kudrow: A little cussing among 'Friends'
- 'Flash' forward: Reverse Flash is coming, but 'anyone who thinks they know what's going on is wrong'
- 'Sherlock' first photo from new special
- Hugh Jackman welcomes(?) us to Neverland in 'Pan' trailer
- Angelina Jolie and 'Unbroken' Star Jack O'Connell: 6 New EW Portraits
- 'New Girl' sneak peek: Watch Jess' sexy colleague push (and pop open) her buttons