Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre: “This is trying to not show a depiction of Jane, but plays on the interior passion that we get from Jane’s voice. The lips are romantic/sexy but they’re also an emphasis on her words having the power, not what she looks like. Same with the fire illustration—the power of Jane’s inner passion. And the engravings also suggest a time period.”
Young adult at heart: literary classics imagined as YA books
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay': First teaser trailer
- 'Sons of Anarchy' salutes emotional Kurt Sutter
- 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover: Watch 5 minutes
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 3
- 'Leftovers': The last straw
- 'True Blood' recap: 'Karma'
- 'True Blood': Anna Paquin's hair is to dye for
- 'Mad Max' trailer: 'My world is fire and blood'