Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre: “This is trying to not show a depiction of Jane, but plays on the interior passion that we get from Jane’s voice. The lips are romantic/sexy but they’re also an emphasis on her words having the power, not what she looks like. Same with the fire illustration—the power of Jane’s inner passion. And the engravings also suggest a time period.”
Young adult at heart: literary classics imagined as YA books
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Into the Woods' First Look: New photos, concept art, and inside dish
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: What we saw
- Marvel adds a new piece to its teaser art puzzle: 'Inhumans: Attilan Rising'
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' recap: 'Edward Mordrake, Part 1'
- 'Survivor' recap: Resetting the game
- 'Nashville'; 'Arrow'; 'Top Chef'; 'The 100'; 'Kingdom'; more TV recaps
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst
- Disney animated films: Best/worst