Anne Frank, The Diary of a Young Girl: “This one is really about de-emphasizing her name (leaving it off completely) and having young people connect with the fact that it is a real girl’s diary. It gives power to the original title that most people don’t even use. And her picture is famous enough that it works the other way as well for those who would have recognized her.”
Young adult at heart: literary classics imagined as YA books
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Project Runway All Stars': Look who's back for another round
- 'Walking Dead' star Andrew Lincoln: Fear the beard in season 5
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: And our first night scores are...
- 'Facts of Life' cast reunites, shares memories at PaleyFest
- 'Castle' cast gets slap-happy in season 6 gag reel
- Bill Hader reminisces about Stefon with TV hubby Seth Meyers
- 'Revenge' season 4 trailer: 'Emily Thorne, I'm coming for you'
- 'Flash': How it went from concept to series in 5 superfast steps
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- 'Breaking Bad,' 1 year later: Emmy-winning team tells 'Ozymandias' secrets
- Ryan Murphy on 'AHS: Freak Show': 'This season, once you die, you're dead'
- 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies' Tapestry Revealed
- 'Revenge' first look: Watch the trailer for season 4