Amazon may be making it impossible to pre-order The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith (a.k.a. J.K. Rowling), but Rowling is drumming up anticipation for the book on her own by releasing two chapters on robert-galbraith.com. In the excerpt, Cormoran Strike reckons with the disappearance of novelist Owen Quine, who has made enemies of many people he knows by characterizing them in unflattering ways in his books. The chapters also include references to phone hacking, an issue Rowling has addressed in real life.
Two chapters of J.K. Rowling's upcoming novel 'The Silkworm' released
Latest Videos in Books
- 'St. Vincent' director's long road to Bill Murray: 'Can you meet me at LAX in an hour?'
- 'Big Brother'; 'So You Think You Can Dance': TV recaps
- 'Suits' boss talks what's next for Louis and Co. after 'This Is Rome'
- 'Simpsons' writers share 15 tips to survive your 12-day marathon session
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter reveals how many club members will die
- 'Spider-Woman #1' comic book cover art backlash: Heroine cheek?
- EWwy Awards 2014 winners are...
- #DontKillSeanBean: 'Legends' star on his mastery of on-screen demise
Top 5 Most Read
- Stephanie Jacobsen joins 'NCIS'... as a love interest for DiNozzo?
- Angelina Jolie on 'Unbroken': This story is 'a giant responsibility'
- David Letterman airs Robin Williams tribute
- Kurt Sutter reveals how many 'Sons of Anarchy' club members will die
- 'Sons of Anarchy' gets official book -- and series finale air date