The Impossible Knife of Memory, Laurie Halse Anderson’s latest YA novel, debuts Jan. 7, 2014. The book “centers around high school senior Hayley whose single father, Andy, struggles to escape the demons that have tortured him since his return from Iraq. The two never live in one town long enough for those memories to catch up with him, until now. When Hayley and Andy finally stop running, Andy learns that a soldier’s battle is never really over.” Does The Impossible Knife of Memory pique your interest? You don’t have to wait until 2014 to get started. Check out the first six chapters after the jump.
Read an exclusive excerpt from Laurie Halse Anderson's newest YA novel
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Hunnam's message/massage
- Chris Harrison's 'Bachelorette' blog: The finale
- Drew Struzan: Movie poster artist talks 9 classics
- 'Walking Dead' cast react to season 5 trailer
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 3
- 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover: Watch 5 minutes
- 10 best videos at Comic-Con 2014
- 'Bachelor/Bachelorette': Married?
Top 5 Most Read
- Warner Bros. and RatPac team up for 'The Goldfinch'
- 'The Bachelorette' season finale recap: STAHP in the name of love
- What does an episode of 'Friends' look like without any jokes?
- 'The Walking Dead' cast and producers promise that 'every single thing in the first episode is a spoiler'
- See 5 minutes of the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover episode