The Impossible Knife of Memory, Laurie Halse Anderson’s latest YA novel, debuts Jan. 7, 2014. The book “centers around high school senior Hayley whose single father, Andy, struggles to escape the demons that have tortured him since his return from Iraq. The two never live in one town long enough for those memories to catch up with him, until now. When Hayley and Andy finally stop running, Andy learns that a soldier’s battle is never really over.” Does The Impossible Knife of Memory pique your interest? You don’t have to wait until 2014 to get started. Check out the first six chapters after the jump.
Read an exclusive excerpt from Laurie Halse Anderson's newest YA novel
Latest Videos in Books
- 47 fall movies we can't wait to see
- Emmys 2014: Who will win...and who should
- 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'New Girl,' 'Once Upon a Time,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Selma' First Look: David Oyelowo as Martin Luther King
- Emmys: 20 who never won
- Zach on 'Big Brother' eviction: 'I couldn't keep my frootloop dingus mouth shut'
- 'Big Brother': 3 Q's for Julie Chen (plus one about the Ice Bucket Challenge)
- Benedict Cumberbatch embraces (clothing optional) Ice Bucket Challenges
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Dating Naked' cast member sues after VH1 showed her naked
- 'Spider-Woman #1' has a special variant cover that is causing some controversy for some reason
- 'Dating Naked' trailer: And you thought Tinder was brutal (NSFW)
- Former child star Jonathan Lipnicki is all grown up in 'You Used To Be Cute'
- 'Mythbusters' reveal Comic-Con costume, show how to make Indiana Jones' bullwhip