The Impossible Knife of Memory, Laurie Halse Anderson’s latest YA novel, debuts Jan. 7, 2014. The book “centers around high school senior Hayley whose single father, Andy, struggles to escape the demons that have tortured him since his return from Iraq. The two never live in one town long enough for those memories to catch up with him, until now. When Hayley and Andy finally stop running, Andy learns that a soldier’s battle is never really over.” Does The Impossible Knife of Memory pique your interest? You don’t have to wait until 2014 to get started. Check out the first six chapters after the jump.
Read an exclusive excerpt from Laurie Halse Anderson's newest YA novel
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Walking Dead' recap: 'Strangers'
- 'Once Upon a Time'; 'Revenge'; 'The Affair'; 'Homeland'; more TV recaps
- 'Good Wife'; 'Boardwalk Empire'; 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'; more TV recaps
- Walking Dead': Steven Yeun talks Glenn, Maggie, Tara, and Terminus
- 'Walking Dead': Michael Cudlitz on Abraham's big push to get to D.C.
- 'Manhattan' season finale: Series boss Sam Shaw answers burning Q's
- 'The Simpsons': 25 best 'Treehouse of Horror' segments
- Nicholas Sparks movies: As ridiculous as you think they are?