The Impossible Knife of Memory, Laurie Halse Anderson’s latest YA novel, debuts Jan. 7, 2014. The book “centers around high school senior Hayley whose single father, Andy, struggles to escape the demons that have tortured him since his return from Iraq. The two never live in one town long enough for those memories to catch up with him, until now. When Hayley and Andy finally stop running, Andy learns that a soldier’s battle is never really over.” Does The Impossible Knife of Memory pique your interest? You don’t have to wait until 2014 to get started. Check out the first six chapters after the jump.
Read an exclusive excerpt from Laurie Halse Anderson's newest YA novel
Latest Videos in Books
- 'American Idol' recap: Roll down a familiar road
- '24: Live Another Day': 10 new photos
- 'Clone Wars': Final 13 answer big 'Star Wars' Q's
- 'Reign' react: 'The Consummation'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' shocker: Isaiah Washington back!
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away'
- Aaron Carter + Hilary Duff for Throwback Thursday
- 'Scandal' recap: 'We Do Not Touch the First Ladies'