Oops, she did it again! That’s right, Britney Spears, aka the Queen of Pop and lean, mean, green X Factor judge, is in talks to pen another novel. Another, you ask? Was I the only one who read 2001’s A Mother’s Gift, the gripping pop fiction novel from Brit Brit and her mother Lynne Spears? Don’t lie. I know someone out there had to have been as obsessed with Britney as I was (cough, and maybe still am, cough).
Should a deal be reached, this new project, which would be published by It Books, an imprint of HarperCollins, will incorporate “fictionalized versions of [Spears’] own experiences.” A Mother’s Gift also drew on Spears’ real life story; however, that was in 2001. So much has happened since then, a lot of it rather dark. Still, I can’t deny that her life has the potential to make an excellent story. On that note, here are six things I’d like to see in Spears’ new novel, starting with:
6. The hair-shaving of ’07: You can’t have forgotten this.
5. The break-up from JT: We all thought they were the perfect couple and then… this happened. (I don’t know if this caused the break-up. But it should have.)
4. The 55-hour marriage: Admit it, that’s the perfect title for this book anyways.
3. The Xtina rivalry: It’s Nashville minus the age gap and plus pop music.
2. The pregnant little sister: I’m picturing something like Sarah Dessen’s Someone Like You, with Britney being Halley and Jamie Lynn as Scarlett. In all honesty, Britney and Jamie Lynn’s relationship has always intrigued me.
1. The happy ending: Because despite everything that’s happened to Brit Brit, she seems pretty put together these days. And that makes me happy.
I have to admit, though, I’m pretty disappointed with her decision to base her novel on her life. How awesome would it be if she went in the complete opposite direction and penned a space opera complete with vampires, zombies, and a creature Hunger Games? That’s what I really want to read.
What do you want from Ms. Spears’ novel?
‘X Factor': 10 things we learned from the judges, hosts, and eliminated contestants after the show
‘X Factor’ on-the-scene report: How Britney interacts with her fans, more Emblem3 moments
Judge ends case against Britney Spears’ parents