Before you take a trip to Portlandia — the warped version of Portland, Ore., as seen on Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein’s quirky IFC series — you need to be prepared. Where can you find a good feminist bookstore? Where can you take in a riveting one-man show? Grand Central Publishing has announced that it will release Portlandia: A Guide for Visitors (Nov. 20, 2012), which will hopefully answer these questions. Says a press release: “Presented like an authentic Lonely Planet or Fodor’s travel book, Portlandia will guide readers through the city as they visit establishments and landmarks and meet the colorful residents who call Portlandia home — all with the same unique humor that brings the show to life.” I’m dying to read Yelp reviews of Around the World in 80 Plates, the restaurant where the waitstaff knows the life story of the chicken you’re about to eat. I’m also expecting a guide to the best dumpsters to dive. What vital information do you hope the Portlandia book contains?
'Portlandia: A Guide for Visitors' will take you on a tour of the weirdest city in America
Latest Videos in Books
- Ryan Murphy reveals an 'American Horror Story' secret: Seasons 'are all connected'
- 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' to be canceled by NBC
- Billy Bob Thornton's 'Big Bang Theory' cameo: How it happened
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer Yes/No/Can't Say (or more) to your Twitter Q's
- 'SNL' lights up Sia's 'Chandelier,' more of the week's best music on TV
- 'Amazing Race' recap: 'I Feel Like I Just Kissed a Goat'
- 'Showrunners' documentary: Insights from Kurt Sutter, Hart Hanson, Mike Kelley
- 'Interstellar' review: Awe-fully sappy
Top 5 Most Read
- NBC to cancel 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' with zombie twist
- Ryan Murphy on the different seasons of 'American Horror Story': 'They're all connected'
- The Hot Seat: 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning questions
- How 'The Big Bang Theory' scored Billy Bob Thornton for a surprise guest spot
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Scandal,' 'Walking Dead, 'Blacklist' and more