Before you take a trip to Portlandia — the warped version of Portland, Ore., as seen on Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein’s quirky IFC series — you need to be prepared. Where can you find a good feminist bookstore? Where can you take in a riveting one-man show? Grand Central Publishing has announced that it will release Portlandia: A Guide for Visitors (Nov. 20, 2012), which will hopefully answer these questions. Says a press release: “Presented like an authentic Lonely Planet or Fodor’s travel book, Portlandia will guide readers through the city as they visit establishments and landmarks and meet the colorful residents who call Portlandia home — all with the same unique humor that brings the show to life.” I’m dying to read Yelp reviews of Around the World in 80 Plates, the restaurant where the waitstaff knows the life story of the chicken you’re about to eat. I’m also expecting a guide to the best dumpsters to dive. What vital information do you hope the Portlandia book contains?
'Portlandia: A Guide for Visitors' will take you on a tour of the weirdest city in America
- Grammys 2014 nominees are...
- 'Grammy Nominations Concert': Your take?
- 'HIMYM,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Sound of Music': Movie's Von Trapp kids say...
- 'Sound of Music': Laura Benanti on big night
- Music on TV: What was THAT song?
- 10 best movies of '13: Owen Gleiberman picks...
- 10 best movies of '13: Chris Nashawaty picks...
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Sound of Music' ratings soar: NBC's biggest Thursday in 4 years
- Grammy Nominations 2014: See the list of nominees
- 'Sleepy Hollow,' 'How I Met Your Mother,' 'Revolution,' 'Supernatural': Find out what's next in the Spoiler Room
- 'The Grammy Nominations Concert Live!': Katy unplugs, Taylor strips, Lorde twitches
- 'Family Guy': What's next for Brian