Before you take a trip to Portlandia — the warped version of Portland, Ore., as seen on Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein’s quirky IFC series — you need to be prepared. Where can you find a good feminist bookstore? Where can you take in a riveting one-man show? Grand Central Publishing has announced that it will release Portlandia: A Guide for Visitors (Nov. 20, 2012), which will hopefully answer these questions. Says a press release: “Presented like an authentic Lonely Planet or Fodor’s travel book, Portlandia will guide readers through the city as they visit establishments and landmarks and meet the colorful residents who call Portlandia home — all with the same unique humor that brings the show to life.” I’m dying to read Yelp reviews of Around the World in 80 Plates, the restaurant where the waitstaff knows the life story of the chicken you’re about to eat. I’m also expecting a guide to the best dumpsters to dive. What vital information do you hope the Portlandia book contains?
'Portlandia: A Guide for Visitors' will take you on a tour of the weirdest city in America
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Scandal' recap: 'The Price of Free and Fair Elections'
- Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes': Watch how it starts
- 'American Idol' recap: Alabama shaky
- 'Grey's Anatomy' recap: 'Go It Alone'
- 'Workaholics' guy visits Pawnee
- 'Reign' recap: 'No Exit'
- 'Parenthood' react: 'The Pontiac'
- 'Vampire Diaries' recap: 'Resident Evil'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Parks and Recreation' finale: 'Workaholics' star Blake Anderson to guest -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Scandal' season finale recap: 'I'm the Scandal'
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes': Watch the gripping first three minutes before Tribeca -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- 'Grey's Anatomy' recap: We're All In This Alone