Before you take a trip to Portlandia — the warped version of Portland, Ore., as seen on Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein’s quirky IFC series — you need to be prepared. Where can you find a good feminist bookstore? Where can you take in a riveting one-man show? Grand Central Publishing has announced that it will release Portlandia: A Guide for Visitors (Nov. 20, 2012), which will hopefully answer these questions. Says a press release: “Presented like an authentic Lonely Planet or Fodor’s travel book, Portlandia will guide readers through the city as they visit establishments and landmarks and meet the colorful residents who call Portlandia home — all with the same unique humor that brings the show to life.” I’m dying to read Yelp reviews of Around the World in 80 Plates, the restaurant where the waitstaff knows the life story of the chicken you’re about to eat. I’m also expecting a guide to the best dumpsters to dive. What vital information do you hope the Portlandia book contains?
'Portlandia: A Guide for Visitors' will take you on a tour of the weirdest city in America
Latest Videos in Books
- EW's 2014 Summer Movie Awards
- Jennifer Lawrence nude pics: FBI issues statement
- 'Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story': 100 things that happened (maybe?)
- Chris Harrison on 'Bachelor in Paradise' episode 6: Cody-Michelle, Marcus-Lacy, and...Jesse
- Gene Simmons: King of the Night Time World...and the Twist at P.S. 145
- 'Bachelor in Paradise'; 'Under the Dome' recaps
- 'Walking Dead': Steven Yeun and Lauren Cohan talk Glenn and Maggie
- 'Houdini' react: Spymaster of illusion?