Sir Elton John will publish his first book, Love Is the Cure, about his determination to stop the spread of AIDS. The book will include stories of his own encounters with individuals like Ryan White and Freddie Mercury who died of the disease. John wrote in a press release, “This is a disease that must be cured not by a miraculous vaccine, but by changing hearts and minds, and through a collective effort to break down social barriers and to build bridges of compassion. Why are we not doing more? This is a question I have thought deeply about, and wish to answer—and to help change—by writing this book.” Some proceeds from the book, slated for July 2012, will go to the Elton John AIDS Foundation.
Elton John to publish memoir about AIDS
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' recap: 'It's Like a Booze Cruise With Knowledge'
- 'Bachelor' recap: Like a camping virgin
- TV pilots now in the works for fall 2015--do you spot any winners?
- Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo comedy among 4 new ABC pilots
- NBC pilot orders for Monica Potter comedy, 'Sharing' from Jimmy Fallon
- 'Jane the Virgin'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; 'The Originals'; 'Gotham'; more TV recaps
- 'Secretary' re-release trailer/poster: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' roots are showing
- SAG and Producers Guild shake up Oscar odds in Best Picture, Best Actor races