Sir Elton John will publish his first book, Love Is the Cure, about his determination to stop the spread of AIDS. The book will include stories of his own encounters with individuals like Ryan White and Freddie Mercury who died of the disease. John wrote in a press release, “This is a disease that must be cured not by a miraculous vaccine, but by changing hearts and minds, and through a collective effort to break down social barriers and to build bridges of compassion. Why are we not doing more? This is a question I have thought deeply about, and wish to answer—and to help change—by writing this book.” Some proceeds from the book, slated for July 2012, will go to the Elton John AIDS Foundation.
Elton John to publish memoir about AIDS
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Into the Woods' First Look: New photos, concept art, and inside dish
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: What we saw
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' First Look: Watch Annalise confront Sam
- Brad Pitt talks 'Fury' (or is that 'Furry'?) on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Marvel adds a new piece to its teaser art puzzle: 'Inhumans: Attilan Rising'
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' recap: 'Edward Mordrake, Part 1'
- 'Survivor' recap: Resetting the game
- 'Nashville'; 'Arrow'; 'Top Chef'; 'The 100'; 'Kingdom'; more TV recaps