Sir Elton John will publish his first book, Love Is the Cure, about his determination to stop the spread of AIDS. The book will include stories of his own encounters with individuals like Ryan White and Freddie Mercury who died of the disease. John wrote in a press release, “This is a disease that must be cured not by a miraculous vaccine, but by changing hearts and minds, and through a collective effort to break down social barriers and to build bridges of compassion. Why are we not doing more? This is a question I have thought deeply about, and wish to answer—and to help change—by writing this book.” Some proceeds from the book, slated for July 2012, will go to the Elton John AIDS Foundation.
Elton John to publish memoir about AIDS
Latest Videos in Books
- 'The Interview' nixed for Xmas theatrical release by Sony
- 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst previews finale, names two odds-on favorites to win
- 'Sing-Off' holiday special: Scoop on the groups
- Michael Buble talks Xmas special: 'most challenging thing I do each year'
- Eliza Taylor on 'The 100' approaching the midseason Finn-ish line
- Peter Jackson and 'The Hobbit': Three-peating himself--until one shining moment at the end?
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens': 10 things Andy Serkis can say now
- 'Mythbusters' to test 'Simpsons': 'We ended up building two replicas of the Springfield house'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Voice' Season 7 winner is...
- 'The Voice' season finale recap: Live Finale
- Jason Reitman re-staging 'The Empire Strikes Back' with Aaron…
- 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst names the two favorites to win heading into tonight's finale
- Check out the exclusive first 'Orphan Black' season 3 image (with intel from creator Graeme Manson)