Sales for a photo book featuring a young girl killed in the Tucson shootings last weekend have jumped dramatically following a mention in a speech Wednesday by President Obama, AP reports. Faces of Hope features photographs of 50 babies born on Sept. 11, 2001, one of whom was nine-year-old victim Christina Green. After Obama’s speech at the University of Arizona last night, the book jumped 8,134 spots on Amazon.com’s bestseller list and by this morning was in the top 200. Faces of Hope, published by HCI Books,is currently out of stock, but the publisher says a new printing is imminent.
Obama speech prompts sales bump for book featuring Tucson victim
Latest Videos in Books
- Joe Cocker, veteran rock singer, dies at 70
- 'Mishaps in Space': A supercut of intergalactic uh-ohs at the movies
- 25 most memorable pop culture moments of 2014
- Bruce Campbell talks 'Evil Dead' TV, and Ash as a 'crabby middle-aged man...the ultimate anti-hero'
- Michael C. Hall sings 'Angry Inch' from 'Hedwig' at NYC club
- George Clooney, a.k.a., Lord Hollywood, visits 'Downton Abbey'; watch Xmas short
- 'Homeland'; 'The Affair'; Atlanta 'Housewives'; 'SNL'; more TV recaps
- 'Homeland' season 4 finale 'one of the show's most beautiful episodes,' says Showtime boss