Author Sara Shepard will add four new books to her Pretty Little Liars series, starting with a July 2011 release, EW has learned exclusively. The new books — from Alloy Entertainment and HarperCollins — will bring the total in the series to 12. Though the number was originally capped at eight, the ABC Family show based on the young-adult mystery series — which follows the aftermath of a popular girl’s disappearance — has been a ratings success and renewed interest in the books. The first new installment, Twisted, will be on sale July 5; Shepard’s The Lying Game was just released.
'Pretty Little Liars': Four new books on the way, starting in July
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Ghostbusters' director shows us who he's gonna call
- GoDaddy pulls Super Bowl ad animal rights activists called 'cruel and irresponsible'
- 'Arrow' costar Katie Cassidy on suiting up as Black Canary: 'lucky, excited, grateful, thrilled'
- 'The Flash' boss answers burning Q's: 'We think it makes sense, hopefully you all will too'
- Tom Delonge posts letter to fans on Blink-182 rift
- Shonda Rhimes talks 'Grey's Anatomy': 'we need an infusion of men'
- 'Fantastic Four' teaser: Freezing frames and looking for clues
- TV pilots now in the works for fall 2015--do you spot any winners?