Author Sara Shepard will add four new books to her Pretty Little Liars series, starting with a July 2011 release, EW has learned exclusively. The new books — from Alloy Entertainment and HarperCollins — will bring the total in the series to 12. Though the number was originally capped at eight, the ABC Family show based on the young-adult mystery series — which follows the aftermath of a popular girl’s disappearance — has been a ratings success and renewed interest in the books. The first new installment, Twisted, will be on sale July 5; Shepard’s The Lying Game was just released.
'Pretty Little Liars': Four new books on the way, starting in July
Latest Videos in Books
- 'CSI' role for Mark Valley
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Hunnam's message/massage
- Chris Harrison's 'Bachelorette' blog: The finale
- 'Walking Dead' cast react to season 5 trailer
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 3
- 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover: Watch 5 minutes
- Drew Struzan: Movie poster artist talks 9 classics
- 10 best videos at Comic-Con 2014
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Walking Dead' cast and producers promise that 'every single thing in the first episode is a spoiler'
- Warner Bros. and RatPac team up for 'The Goldfinch'
- 'The Bachelorette' season finale recap: STAHP in the name of love
- What does an episode of 'Friends' look like without any jokes?
- Tyler Jacob Moore, John Rhys-Davies join 'OUAT' in 'Frozen' roles