Author Sara Shepard will add four new books to her Pretty Little Liars series, starting with a July 2011 release, EW has learned exclusively. The new books — from Alloy Entertainment and HarperCollins — will bring the total in the series to 12. Though the number was originally capped at eight, the ABC Family show based on the young-adult mystery series — which follows the aftermath of a popular girl’s disappearance — has been a ratings success and renewed interest in the books. The first new installment, Twisted, will be on sale July 5; Shepard’s The Lying Game was just released.
'Pretty Little Liars': Four new books on the way, starting in July
- Golden Globe noms: TV wild cards we'd love to see
- Golden Globes: We predict the movie nominees
- Most cringeworthy movie dialogue of '13: 'Top' 5
- 'Godzilla' returns: First trailer
- 'Mary Poppins': Karen Dotrice on being 'Jane Banks'
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show: Behind the scenes
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Maggie Siff on Tara haters
- 15 blasts from the past in '13: Winners/losers
Top 5 Most Read
- AFI movies of the year: 'Her' and '12 Years a Slave' in; 'August: Osage County' out
- 'The Voice' recap: Green Eggs and Adam
- 'Mary Poppins' star talks 50th anniversary and 'Saving Mr. Banks'
- 'Community': Check out the first trailer for season 5 -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- 'New Year's Rockin' Eve': Ariana Grande, The Fray, Capital Cities, and Daughtry set to perform -- EXCLUSIVE