Author Sara Shepard will add four new books to her Pretty Little Liars series, starting with a July 2011 release, EW has learned exclusively. The new books — from Alloy Entertainment and HarperCollins — will bring the total in the series to 12. Though the number was originally capped at eight, the ABC Family show based on the young-adult mystery series — which follows the aftermath of a popular girl’s disappearance — has been a ratings success and renewed interest in the books. The first new installment, Twisted, will be on sale July 5; Shepard’s The Lying Game was just released.
'Pretty Little Liars': Four new books on the way, starting in July
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Survivor' recap: John Rocker gets rocked
- Fall TV poll: First canceled show of 2014?
- 'Stalker' series premiere: Giving us the creeps
- 9 best animated TV series drawn from comics
- 'How to Get Away with Murder': Odds each of 10 suspects is a killer
- 'AHS: Freak Show' unveils creepy, stop-motion title sequence
- 'Once Upon a Time' sneak peek: Storybrooke's on thin ice with Elsa
- 'Top Chef Duels'; 'Red Band Society': Wednesday TV recaps
- 'The Walking Dead' star Emily Kinney says there's 'definitely a connection' between Beth and Daryl 506
- 'Go Big or Go Home' 357
- 'Find Your Muse' 289
- The 'Simpsons'/'Family Guy' crossover is one of the most fascinatingly weird things to ever happen to television 325
- 'Saturday Night Live' premiere recap: This is the start of something new (and odd) 251
Top 5 Most Read
- Which new fall show will be canceled first?
- 'Once Upon a Time' sneak peek: Elsa puts Storybrooke on lockdown
- Zach Galifianakis rips January Jones: 'Everybody's going to forget about you in a few years'
- 'How to Get Away with Murder': Who's really the murderer?
- Ryan Murphy debuts creepy, stop-motion 'AHS: Freak Show' main titles