Gawker and HarperCollins have settled their dispute regarding leaked pages of Sarah Palin’s book, America By Heart: Reflections on Family, Faith, and Flag, which was released on Tuesday. Reuters reports both parties reached a settlement late Tuesday, a few days after a judge in Manhattan had ordered the website to take down excerpts from Palin’s book. “In settling the case, Gawker has agreed to keep the posted material off its website and not to post the material again in the future,” Erin Crum, HarperCollins spokeswoman, said in a statement. Gawker editor Remy Stern saw a silver lining in the dispute for Palin: “[It] generated a good deal of press for Ms. Palin’s book in advance of its publication … Now that the book is out and destined to appear on the best-seller list, we’re pleased that HarperCollins proposed settline this case as is, thus avoiding lengthy litigation for both sides.”
Sarah Palin's publisher, Gawker settle leak dispute
Latest Videos in Books
- Caleb on 'Big Brother': I'd have taken Derrick to final and 'I would have won'
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser: Bet you didn't see THAT coming
- 'Hawaii Five-0' season premiere sneak peek: McGarrett and Danno go to therapy
- 'Dating Naked: The Wedding': Naked body painting, naked drum circle, and more we saw
- 'Gotham' up, 'Selfie' down? Insiders predict fall TV rookie prospects
- 'Project Runway' recap: 'The History of the American Girl'
- 'Maze Runner': How big at the box office?
- 'Star Wars': It's the Millennium Falcon...and the Batmobile?
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Grey's Anatomy' cast poses as 'Orange Is the New Black' characters
- Insiders predict which new shows will be hits (and flops)
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- 'Big Brother' host Julie Chen on 'shocked, embarrassed, confused' Caleb
- '7th Heaven' cast, minus Ruthie, reunites