Gawker and HarperCollins have settled their dispute regarding leaked pages of Sarah Palin’s book, America By Heart: Reflections on Family, Faith, and Flag, which was released on Tuesday. Reuters reports both parties reached a settlement late Tuesday, a few days after a judge in Manhattan had ordered the website to take down excerpts from Palin’s book. “In settling the case, Gawker has agreed to keep the posted material off its website and not to post the material again in the future,” Erin Crum, HarperCollins spokeswoman, said in a statement. Gawker editor Remy Stern saw a silver lining in the dispute for Palin: “[It] generated a good deal of press for Ms. Palin’s book in advance of its publication … Now that the book is out and destined to appear on the best-seller list, we’re pleased that HarperCollins proposed settline this case as is, thus avoiding lengthy litigation for both sides.”
Sarah Palin's publisher, Gawker settle leak dispute
Latest Videos in Books
- 47 fall movies we can't wait to see
- Emmys 2014: Who will win...and who should
- 'Vampire Diaries' teaser: Let's see how everyone's doing without Damon
- 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'New Girl,' 'Once Upon a Time,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Frank Miller wrote that: 13 tell-tale signs
- 'Spider-Woman #1' comic book cover art backlash: Heroine cheek?
- Jonathan Lipnicki, a.k.a. the 'Jerry Maguire' kid, has some fun in 'You Used To Be Cute'
- 'Mythbusters' minus three: Tory Belleci, Kari Byron, Grant Imahara tweet goodbyes
Top 5 Most Read
- Elena has a drug problem in 'Vampire Diaries' season 6 promo
- 'Dating Naked' cast member sues after VH1 showed her naked
- New ABC special dares to rank all-time best 'Schoolhouse Rock' songs
- 'Spider-Woman #1' has a special variant cover that is causing some controversy for some reason
- Former child star Jonathan Lipnicki is all grown up in 'You Used To Be Cute'