Gawker and HarperCollins have settled their dispute regarding leaked pages of Sarah Palin’s book, America By Heart: Reflections on Family, Faith, and Flag, which was released on Tuesday. Reuters reports both parties reached a settlement late Tuesday, a few days after a judge in Manhattan had ordered the website to take down excerpts from Palin’s book. “In settling the case, Gawker has agreed to keep the posted material off its website and not to post the material again in the future,” Erin Crum, HarperCollins spokeswoman, said in a statement. Gawker editor Remy Stern saw a silver lining in the dispute for Palin: “[It] generated a good deal of press for Ms. Palin’s book in advance of its publication … Now that the book is out and destined to appear on the best-seller list, we’re pleased that HarperCollins proposed settline this case as is, thus avoiding lengthy litigation for both sides.”
Sarah Palin's publisher, Gawker settle leak dispute
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Walking Dead' is 'Lord of the Rings'? Rick is Aragorn, Carl is Frodo...
- 'Once Upon a Time': Lana Parrilla and Jennifer Morrison preview SwanQueen episode
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending
- ’Supernatural,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Newsroom,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Benedict Cumberbatch tries to walk like Beyonce; let the memes begin...
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- 'Shameless' season 5 trailer hints at plenty of new twists
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
Top 5 Most Read
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys 'R' Us after 'Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- TLC cancels 'Honey Boo Boo'
- Peter Jackson walks us through his battle plans for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- See the first teaser for the final season of 'Justified'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist