David Sedaris’ autobiographical essays have always read somewhat like fables. That is, short, clever and often containing some sort of lesson, usually at his own expense. Now he’s taking that to its natural end, rejiggering himself as a modern-day fabulist and composing a collection of tales that use animals to explore man’s many foibles. Of course, it’ll probably end up more acerbic than Aesop and more laugh-inducing than LaFontaine. Check out an exclusive clip from Squirrel Meets Chipmunk: A Modest Bestiary, featuring Sedaris reading some clever rhyming couplets over original illustrations by Ian Falconer, which also feature in the book.
David Sedaris speaks of creatures great and small in an exclusive clip from 'Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk'
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Empire Strikes Back' live-read photos, including Mark Hamill as the Emperor
- Madonna releases six tracks from 2015 'Rebel Heart' album
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes
- 'Hannibal': Michael Pitt out, Joe Anderson in
- 'Amazing Race' season finale recap: And the winners are...
- Hallmark's holiday TV movies: Inside the concepts, casting, and scheduling
- Kevin Hart as Will Ferrell's prison-life coach in 'Get Hard' trailer
- Jeff Probst on the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes -- exclusive
- Mark Hamill as The Emperor! Rainn Wilson is Chewbacca! Photos from the Live-Read of 'The Empire Strikes Back'
- Michael Pitt exits 'Hannibal,' Joe Anderson to replace him
- Kevin Hart teaches Will Ferrell to survive prison in 'Get Hard' trailer
- Jeff Probst reveals the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see...and it's the best thing ever