Shelf Life is delighted to present the first peek at the titles — and covers — of the final two 39 Clues adventure books. Book 9: Storm Warning, by Linda Sue Park, comes out on May 25; Book 10: Into the Gauntlet, by Margaret Peterson Haddix, hits stores on August 31. (Book 8: The Emperor’s Code goes on sale tomorrow.) The multimedia series—each volume written by different children’s book author—is phenomenally popular in the 8-12 year-old set. It centers around Amy and Dan Cahill, a brother and sister who are, at their grandmother’s behest, searching the world for the 39 clues to the Cahill family’s power. Dreamworks has nabbed the movie rights to The 39 Clues; Steven Spielberg may direct.
'The 39 Clues': Exclusive on final two titles, covers!
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water': Meet the 9 pairs
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser: Fly through the air with the greatest unease
- 'Walking Dead' First Look/Q&A: Seth Gilliam as Father Gabriel Stokes
- 'Walking Dead': See 4 new EW collector's covers
- Chelsea Handler signs off, showered with love (and Ellen DeGeneres)
- 'Friends' Central Perk pop-up coffee shop to hit Manhattan in September
- 'Pretty Little Liars'; 'Bachelor in Paradise' recaps
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Sneak peek at season 10 DVD's gag reel
Top 5 Most Read
- New 'Survivor' cast boasts MLB pitcher John Rocker, Spider-Man actor, and 'Amazing Race' twins
- New 'Sons of Anarchy' photos are appropriately unsettling
- Homer Simpson takes on the Ice Bucket Challenge
- 'True Blood' star Kristin Bauer van Straten returning to 'Once Upon a Time' for major arc
- Ellen DeGeneres, Gwen Stefani, more say goodbye to 'Chelsea Lately'