In an effort to boost sales of its hardcover titles, Simon & Schuster announced that it will delay the eBook editions of its early 2010 books until four months after the hardcover release. It’s likely a smart move for the publisher: With the popularity of e-readers like the Amazon Kindle surging, more readers are purchasing eBooks for the low price of $9.99, rather than the price of the books’ hardcover equivalent, which often exceeds $20. “We believe this publishing sequence will benefit the performance of all the different formats in which these titles are published,” Simon & Schuster said in a release, “and in the long term will contribute to a healthier retail environment for the greater book buying public.” Some books on the publisher’s January to April 2010 schedule include You: On a Diet Revised Edition, by Michael F. Roizen; The Skinnygirl Dish, by Bethenny Frankel; Point Omega, by Don Delillo; House Rules, by Jodi Picoult; and The Shadow of Your Smile, by Mary Higgins Clark.
Simon and Schuster delaying release of eBooks
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Project Runway' finale recap: And the winner is...
- 'Grey’s Anatomy': Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- 'How to Get Away With Murder': Talk about 'We're Not Friends'
- 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Grey's Anatomy'; 'Scandal'; 'Reign'; 'Gracepoint' recaps
- Taylor Swift's '1989' review: Losing herself in 'pop'?
- Brad Pitt talks 'Fury' (or is that 'Furry'?) on 'Between Two Ferns'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': 17 GIFs that keep on giving
Top 5 Most Read
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys 'R' Us after 'Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- Peter Jackson walks us through his battle plans for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- Zach Galifianakis gets a little too real with Brad Pitt on 'Between Two Ferns'